Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The last chance

I had spent a LOT of time on stand going into the last weekend of the season.  My opportunity to get a Wisconsin Black Bear was to end on Tuesday, October 2nd.  With that in mind, I was going to try my luck once more with some long hours on stand Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday - whatever it took!

We were still seeing bears on the trail camera.  The daytime activity was sparse.  But, the nighttime activity was relatively steady and we were seeing a lot of bears on camera.  On one particularly eventful night, there were five or six different bears at the bait in the course of an hour!!  Here are some neat photos from that series:




While these photos were all at night, I was pleased to see so many bears.  With them all around the bait at the same time, I was hoping they would get a sense of 'urgency' to get into the bait earlier the next few nights to beat their competition.  If luck is was on my side, one of these good-sized bears would approach during daylight hours.

It happened the next night!  A good bear approached the bait about 6:30pm on Wednesday 9/26.

Now I just need to be on stand when this happens again...

No comments:

Post a Comment