Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Setup - Continued

Here are some pictures of my completed hunting setup for the fast-approaching hunting season!


Big Game Boss XL treestand with some custom camo paint:



Not a great photo of it, but here's a homemade shelf I welded up and painted...it straps onto the tree next to me for a place to put some things.  Spending all-day on stand, I want to be comfortable and have easy access to accessories, snacks, etc so I'm not making a lot of movement digging through my bag!


Here's a view of the stand in the oak tree, from the bait log:

And, from up in the stand, looking down at the bait log which was checked with my laser rangefinder to be only 14 yards away!  The base of the stand is about 15 feet off the ground, which puts me about 18 feet up from the bait given the slight rise in elevation to the tree.


A nicely-cleared and raked path up to the backside of the treestand, to ensure a stealthy approach into the stand each day:


The ladder is a Rivers Edge 20' climbing stick, and I have a rope tied to the tree with a carabiner attached to that rope with a Prussic knot...allows me to clip my safety harness in and climb the entire height of the stand while being safely attached to the tree in case of a fall (no need to unclip once in the stand).

And finally, I installed a bow hanger so it's in easy reach when a bear starts to approach.
Here's the view my eyes will see for as many hours as it takes to get a bear this fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment